STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – The Amherst College women's indoor track & field team set several new personal records during the two-day ECAC Championships at the Ocean Breeze Atlantic Complex. The Purple & White finished 31st in the field of 50 teams.
- RESULTS: 31st of 50
- LOCATION: Ocean Breeze Atlantic Complex
- TOP THREE: Ithaca (77 points), Wellesley (49 points), Misericordia (47 points)
- Senior Victoria Hensley bettered her own school record and placed seventh in the 400-meter dash with a time of 58.21, while first-year Julia Asin finished 12th with a mark of 59.24.
- The Purple & White tandem of Hensley, Asin, Danielle Griffin '18, and Leonie Rauls '18 placed ninth in the 4x400-meter relay (4:01.31). The mark ties the squad for fourth in Amherst indoors history and also marks Amherst's best time of the season in the 4x400 and the team's best time since 2009.
- Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 set a new personal record in the triple jump with a distance of 11.08 meters (sixth place). Her previous PR was 10.88 meters.
- Senior Betsey Black ran to a new 10 second PR in the 5000-meter run with a time of 18.22.46. The mark placed her ninth overall.
- Rauls placed fifth in the 1000-meter run and just missed a PR by .01 with a time of 2:59.66.
- Amherst will next compete at the three-day NCAA Division III Championships March 10-12.