Posted: Feb 13, 2016
BOSTON, Mass. – The Amherst College women's track and field team traveled to Boston University to compete in the David Hemery Valentine Invitational Friday afternoon.
- First-year Julia Asin racked up a team-leading 140th place finish (26.83) in the 237-women 200-meter dash event. Victoria Hensley '16 was next on the squad, placing 173rd overall (27.43).
- Running in the 200-meter dash, Hensley claimed 66th with a mark of 58.89. Asin earned 93rd (59.64) in the 195-runner event.
- Leonie Rauls '18 placed a team-high 83rd in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:19.3.
- Keelin Moehl was stellar in the 1,000-meter run, finishing 42nd overall with a mark of 3:02.1. Kaeli Mathias '18 placed second on the team in the event, finishing 51st overall (3:10.66).
- With a time of 5:27.29, Lela Walter '19 took 163rd overall in the 1-mile run.
- Veronica Rocco finished in 101st place in the 3,000-meter run with a mark of 10:34.38.
- Becki Golia '18 claimed 10th in the high jump with a height of 1.60 meters.
- With a distance of 4.48 meters, Louise Atadja '16 earned 50th in the long jump.
- First-years Yrenly Yuan and Emily Flaherty finished back-to-back in the triple jump to take 37th and 38th overall with distances of 10.20 meters and 10.19 meters, respectively.
- The Purple & White travel to Middlebury College to compete in the DIII New England Championships on Feb. 19 and Feb. 20. Events are set to begin at 3 p.m. and 11 a.m., respectively.