Posted: Feb 06, 2016
MEDFORD, Mass. – The Amherst women's track & field team competed in the Tufts Invitational at the Baronian Field House Saturday afternoon.
- First-year Julia Asin placed sixth in the 200-meter dash with a time of 27.42. Sarah Whelan '17 and Katherine Hom '19 finished back-to-back to take 10th and 11th with times of 28.50 and 28.64, respectively.
- Running in the 400-meter dash, Asin claimed second with a mark of 59.54. Danielle Griffin '18 placed fourth (1:02.73) in the event.
- Amherst finished second and third in the 600-meter run, with Victoria Hensley '16 earning second (1:39.68) and Leonie Rauls '18 earning third (1:39.95).
- Senior Keelin Moehl placed second in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:20.86.
- The Purple & White took ninth through 11th in the 800-meter run, with Lela Walter '19 crossing the finish line in 2:25.92, followed by Kaeli Mathias '18 (2:25.92) and Adele Loomis '18 (2:26.94).
- Christina Scartelli '19 earned eighth in the 1,000-meter run (3:14.15).
- Running in the 5,000-meter event, senior Betsy Black placed 11th with a time of 18:32.18.
- The quartet of Hensley, Hom, Abbey Asare-Bediako '18, and Asin took second in the 4x200-meter relay with a mark of 1:50.64.
- Amherst finished third in the 4x400-meter relay as Rauls, Walter, Isabel Balcezak '19, and Moehl finished in 4:13.58.
- Louise Atadja '16 placed 15th in the long jump with a distance of 4.54 meters. Emily Flaherty '19 took 20th (4.43 meters).
- Asare-Bediako claimed third in the 19-women triple jump event with a distance of 10.88 meters. Flaherty placed 10th (10.02 meters).
- Amherst travels to Boston University to compete in the Valentine Classic on Feb. 12 beginning at 12 p.m.