Posted: Jan 30, 2016
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Amherst College women's indoor track & field team won four individual events to earn third overall at the Springfield College Invitational Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: 3rd of 8 (138.50 points)
- LOCATION: Springfield College Field House
- TOP-THREE: Springfield (193.50), Westfield State (146.50), Amherst (138.50)
- Julia Asin '19 and Victoria Hensley '16 finished back-to-back in the 200-meter dash with times of 27.25 and 27.34 to place third and fourth, respectively.
- Hensley and Asin excelled in the 400-meter dash as well, with Hensley claiming first (1:00.36) and Asin claiming second (1:00.64). Katherine Hom '19 earned fifth in the event with a mark of 1:03.16.
- Kaeli Mathias crossed the finish line in a team-high fifth place in the 500-meter dash was a time of 2:30.10.
- Amherst swept the top-four spots in the 1,000-meter run with Moehl, Leonie Rauls '18, Lela Walter '19, and Lizzie Lacy '19 registering times of 3:04.68, 3:06.88, 3:11.71, and 3:12.83, respectively.
- The Purple & White continued to impress in the 1 mile run, with Lacy and Betsy Black '16 finishing second and third with times of 5:23.30 and 5:26.01, respectively. Debbie Newmark '19 placed sixth in the event (5:43.30).
- The only Amherst runner in the event, first-year Veronica Rocco put up a time of 10:44.00 to place first in the 3,000-meter run.
- The squad of Rauls, Danielle Griffin '18, Adele Loomis '18, Moehl, Sarah Whelan '17, and Isabel Balcezak '19 finished second in the 4x400 meter relay (4:14.65).
- Becki Golia '18 placed second in the high jump with a height of 1.57 meters.
- With a distance of 4.58 meters, senior Louise Atadja finished fourth overall in the long jump.
- Amherst swept the triple jump, with Abbey Asare-Bediako '18, Yrenly Yuan '19 and Emily Flaherty '19 recording distances of 10.45 meters, 10.27 meters and 10.16 meters, respectively.
- Amherst competes in the Tufts Invitational on Saturday, Feb. 6 beginning at 10 a.m.