Posted: Jan 23, 2016
NORTHHAMPTION, Mass. – Betsy Black '16 and Becki Golia '18 each won an event as the Amherst College women's track & field team placed fourth overall at the 15-team Smith Invitational Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: 4th of 15 (83 points)
- LOCATION: Smith College
- TOP-THREE: WPI (151.50 points), Middlebury (120.50 points), Wellesley (86 points)
- Black started the meet off strong for the Purple & White, earning first in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 18:40.43.
- With a mark of 5:19.57, Lizzie Lacy '19 claimed seventh in the 1-mile run. Veronica Rocco'19 finished the race in 11th (5:27.13).
- Victoria Hensley '16 earned second in the 400-meter dash, crossing the finish line in 1:00.49. Sophomore Danielle Griffin finished 10th with a time of 1:04.04.
- Competing in the 600-meter run Adele Loomis '17 took fifth, narrowly edging out a competitor with a mark of 1:45.79.
- Keelin Moehl '16 had a solid performance in the 800-meter run, earning fourth overall (2:22.30). Leonie Rauls took eighth in the event (2:24.83).
- With a time of 3:12.79, first-year Lela Walter finished third overall. Cristina Scartelli finished sixth with a time of 3:16.11.
- Hensley and Julia Asin finished back-to-back in the 64-woman 200-meter dash, taking fourth and fifth with times of 27.46 and 27.69, respectively.
- Sophomore Abbey Asare-Bediako placed second in the triple jump with a distance of 10.64 meters.
- A distance of 4.84 meters earned Louise Atadja '16 fifth in the long jump.
- Golia won the high jump with a height of 1.62 meters.
- Amherst returns to action on Jan. 30 when they compete in the Springfield Invitational starting at 11 a.m.