Posted: Jan 16, 2016
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Amherst College women's track & field team battled to a third place finish at the 2015-2016 Little Three Championships Saturday afternoon at Wesleyan University.
- RESULT: 3rd of 3
- LOCATION: Bacon Field House, Wesleyan University
- TOP-THREE: Williams (168.5 points), Wesleyan (98.5 points), Amherst (67 points)
- Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 and Gabby Bishop finished back-to-back in the 60-meter dash, claiming sixth and seventh with times of 8.48 and 8.56, respectively.
- Amherst also earned sixth and seventh in the 200-meter dash, with Sarah Whelan '17 notching a time of 28.42 and Katherine Hom '19 recording a mark of 28.47.
- First-year Julia Asin secured the Purple & White's only event victory of the Championship in the 400-meter dash with a mark of 1:00.48.
- Victoria Hensley '16 placed second in the 600-meter run (1:39.52), while Keelin Moehl '16 notched fourth (1:42.94).
- Adele Loomis '18 and Christina Scartelli finished fifth and sixth in the 800-meter run with times of 2:30.67 and 2:32.78, respectively.
- Competing in the 1,000 meter run, Kaeli Mathias '18 notched a fifth place finish with a mark of 3:21.82.
- Lela Walter '19 performed well in the 1 mile run, running to a fifth place finish (5:37.02).
- Amherst placed two student-athletes in the top-three in the 3,000 meter run, with Betsy Black '16 claiming second with a mark of 10:59.49 and Lizzie Lacy '19 securing third with a time of 11:00.15.
- In the final track event of the day, the squad of Debbie Newmark '19, Isabel Balcezak '19, Moehl, and Walter claimed third with time of 10:34.24.
- Becki Golia '18 placed third in the high jump with a height of 1.62 meters.
- Louise Atadja'16, Yrenly Yuan '19, and Emily Flaherty '19 secured fifth through seventh in the long jump with distances of 4.56 meters, 4.30 meters, and 4.28 meters, respectively.
- Abbey Asare-Bediako '18 claimed fourth in the triple jump with a distance of 10.42 meters, while Emily Flaherty '19 and Yuan finished back-to-back to take fifth and sixth place with marks of 9.97 meters and 9.83 meters, respectively.
- Asare-Bediako earned a fourth place finish in the shot put (7.06 meters).
- Amherst returns to action on Saturday, Jan. 23 when they travel to Smith College to compete in the Smith Invitational beginning at 11 a.m.