Posted: Dec 06, 2015
HADLEY, Mass. – Sophomore Becki Golia highlighted the day for the Amherst College women's indoor track & field team as it opened the 2015-16 season at the Smith Invitational, hosted by Smith College, Saturday.
- Competing in the long jump, Louise Atadja '16 secured 16th overall with a height on 4.65 meters.
- First-years Emily Flaherty and Yrenly Yuan recorded seventh and ninth place finishes, respectively, in the triple jump with heights of 9.92 meters and 9.57 meters.
- Golia earned Amherst's only of victory of the meet, securing first overall with a height of 1.62 meters in the high jump.
- Kaeli Mathias opened the indoor season with a 12th place finish in the mile with a time of 5:59.67.
- Running in the 400 meter dash, Julia Asin '19 recorded a fifth place finish with a time of 1:00.20, while Katherine Hom'19 registered a 12th place finish with a mark of 1:06.80.
- Amherst received strong performances in the 600 meter run, with Leonie Rauls '16 crossing the finish line fourth (1:43.20) and Danielle Griffin '16 notching an 11th place finish (1:48.37).
- The Purple & White are off for winter break and will return to action on Saturday, Jan. 16 when they compete in the Little Three Championships.