MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – Traveling to Middlebury, Vt. for their regular season finale, the No. 12 Amherst College women's tennis team fell to No. 2 Middlebury College, 9-0 Saturday afternoon at the Proctor Tennis Courts.
With the loss, Amherst closes out the regular season with a 6-8 overall record and a 4-4 mark in conference action, while Middlebury improves to 12-3 on the year (8-0 NESCAC).
- The first and second court saw identical 8-6 scores in favor of the Panthers, with Katherine Hughes and Skylar Schossberger edging Jen Chen '20 and Camille Smukler '20 at the top of the ladder and Kaysee Orozcoand and Catherine Blazye downing Avery Wagman '17 and Anya Ivenitsky '20 in the No. 2 spot.
- In the third positon, senior tandem Megan Adamo and Claire Carpenter fell to Christina Puccinelli and Alexandra Fields, 8-0.
- Matching up on the first court, Fields defeated Smuckler, 6-3, 6-1, while Puccinelli added a three-set, 7-6 (7-4), 6-1 win against Kelsey Chen '19 in the second position.
- In the No. 3 spot, Heather Boehm battled past Ivenitsky, 6-1, 6-2, before Blazye claimed a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Camilla Trapness '19 on the fourth court.
- Middlebury secured scores of 6-1, 6-2 and 3-6, 6-3, 10-8 on the final two courts to earn the 9-0 win, as Molly Paradies bested Adamo and Maddi Stow downed Wagman.