REDLANDS, Calif. – The Purple & White swept singles play and added two wins in doubles action to secure their first victory of the spring season as the No. 11 Amherst College women's tennis team downed No. 28 Redlands, 8-1 Thursday afternoon at the Verdieck Tennis Courts.
- On the first court, Camille Smukler '20 defeated Sarah Ikioka in three-sets, 6-1, 0-6, 7-6 (7-4), while Kelsey Chen '19 posted a 6-1, 6-0 win against Emily Murnin on the second court.
- In the third position, Anya Ivenitsky '20 logged a 6-2, 6-3 win over Elizabeth Johnson, while Camilla Trapness '19 edged Kate Dolan, 6-3, 6-3 in the No. 4 spot.
- Megan Adamo '17 upended Jackie Lacy, 6-0, 6-2 on the fifth court, while Avery Wagman '18 notched back-to-back 7-5 set wins to down Madison Ross.
- The tandem of Wagman and Ivenitsky earned a win for the Purple & White on the second court, defeating Murnin and Lacy, 8-2.
- In the third position Claire Carpenter '17 and Adamo logged hard fought 9-7 victory against Claire Bohoskey and Dolan to cap off doubles play.
- Amherst next hits the courts on Friday, March 17 when they take on Sewanee at 10 a.m. in Malibu, Calif.