Posted: Mar 14, 2017
ORLANDO, Fla. – The seventh-ranked Amherst College women's tennis team suffered a tough 5-4 loss to No. 11 Washington University Tuesday afternoon at the Claremont Country Club.
- Amherst and the Bears split singles play with both sides earning three wins, but Washington U. claimed two of the three matches in doubles action to secure the 5-4 win.
- In singles action, Kelsey Chen '19 played Grace Deering to a tough 6-3, 7-6 (9-7) victory on the second court, while Anya Ivenitsky '20 downed Kaylan Griffith 7-6 (7-5), 6-1 in the third position.
- Megan Adamo '17 earned the Purple & White's final singles victory, edging Sanjna Tripathy 6-1, 7-6 (7-5).
- Doubles tandem Chen and Camille Smukler '20 secured Amherst's sole win on the doubles courts, defeating Rebecca Ho and Griffith 9-7 in a highly contested matchup on the first court.
- Amherst returns to the courts, tomorrow, Wednesday, March 15 when they battle No. 12 Carnegie Mellon beginning at 3 p.m.