SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Amherst women's swimming and diving team finished out their regular season meets with an impressive 174-102 win over Springfield College on Sunday afternoon at Art Linkletter Natatorium.
The Mammoths move to 6-1-1 and will look ahead to the NESCAC Championships on February 15th at Wesleyan University, beginning at 9:00 AM. Springfield College finalizes their regular season with a record of 5-9 and will compete in the NEWMAC Championships on February 21st.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Mammoths opened the day securing the top two spots in the 200 yard medley relay with the team of Natalie Rumpelt '20, Nina Fitzgerald '21, Marie Fagan '22, and Ingrid Shu '20 winning with a time of 1:52.62.
- Bridgitte Kwong '19 took first in the 400 yard IM with a time of 4:32.83.
- In event 5, the Mammoths swept the top three spots with Livia Domenig '19 marking a time of 1:57.81 to record three straight event wins. Domenig went on to win the 100 yard freestyle as well with a time of 55.37.
- Rumpelt kept Amherst rolling as she recorded a time of 28.49 in the 50 yard backstroke while also winning the 500 yard freestyle (5:08.02) later on in the meet.
- Fitzgerald backed up Rumpelt in the 50 yard breaststroke to secure her first individual victory on the day.
- Shu notched a time of 1:02.61 in the 100 yard butterfly, continuing the Amherst unbeaten streak.
- Dorit Song '19 posted a time of 25.91 in the 50 yard freestyle before Jackie Palermo '19 received a score of 409.51 in the first diving event (1 meter diving). Song went on to secure her second win on the day in the 100 yard breaststroke with a time of 1:10.13.
- Sophia Harrison '22 (1:02.03) and Julia Ruggiero '21 (1:03.11) claimed the top two spots in the 100 yard backstroke.
- The Mammoths went on to fall in the remaining four meets on the day (50 yard butterfly, 3-meter diving, 100 yard IM, and 200 yard freestyle relay).