AMHERST, Mass. – On senior day, Lindsey Ruderman '21 set a pool record on the 3-meter board for her third consecutive meet as the Amherst women's swimming and diving team placed first in all events to take down Union College by a score of 243-56 at Pratt Pool on Saturday afternoon.
Seniors Livia Domenig '19, Jasmine Horan '19, Hope Kim '19, Bridgitte Kwong '19, Clare Leonard '19, Jacqueline Palermo '19, Zoe Pappas '19, Molly Pines '19, Katie Smith '19, Dorit Song '19, and Jayne Vogelzang '19 were honored prior to the start of the matches.
The Mammoths improve to 5-1 on the season and will return to action on February 2nd when they travel to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for a 1:00 PM start time. The Dutchwomen fall to 2-6 and are set to face Ithaca on February 2nd in their next meet.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the first event of the day, Natalie Rumpelt '20, Nina Fitzgerald '21, Marie Fagan '22, and Ingrid Shu '20 took first in the 200 yard medley relay with a time of 1:49.89.
- Caroline Needell '22 (10:50.53) and Vogelzang (11:05.46) claimed the top two spots in the 1000 yard freestyle.
- Rumpelt notched her first individual victory on the day with a time of 1:53.00 in the 200 yard freestyle.
- Sophia Harrison '22 edged her opponent Elise Liebow by 0.15 seconds to take first in the 50 yard backstroke.
- The Mammoths swept the top three spots in the 50 yard breaststroke with Smith taking first with a time of 31.16.
- Meredith King '21 led the way in the 100 yard butterfly (1:00.12) while Isabella Weiner '20 followed close behind with a time of 1:01.44.
- Shu posted a time of 24.68 in the 50 yard freestyle to place first while Domenig took second (25.23) and Needell placed third (26.19).
- Lindsey Ruderman '21, who is coming off two record setting meets, continued her strong season with a 285.08 victory in the 1-meter diving. Ruderman backed up her strong showing on the 1-meter board to post a score of 352.58 in the 3-meter diving, posting yet another pool record for her third consecutive meet.
- The Mammoths swept the first three spots again in the 100 yard freestyle, Domenig lead the way with a time of 53.59.
- Kwong snagged her first victory on the day in the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 59.26.
- After claiming the top three spots in the 100 yard breastroke with Shu recording another victory, Fagan posted a time of 5:12.75 to lead the way in the 500 yard freestyle.
- Union posted two swimmers in the top-three of the 50 yard butterfly, but Leonard was able to edge the Dutchwomen with a time of 27.69.
- Meredith King '21 took first in the 100 yard IM before the team of Domenig, Kwong, Song, and Rumpelt concluded the meet with a time of 7:41.17 in the 800 yard freestyle to easily set a new pool record by over eight seconds.