AMHERST, Mass. – The Amherst women's swimming and diving team notched their fourth win on the season as they win 13 out of the16 events, defeating Connecticut College by a score of 173-110 at Pratt Pool. Lindsay Ruderman '21 backed up her record breaking performance in their last meet as she set new pool records in both diving events on Saturday afternoon.
The Mammoths move to 4-1 on the season and will contend with Union College on January 26th when the Dutchman travel to Pratt Pool. Connecticut College returns to action on Monday, January 21st when they travel to Trinity for a 1:00 PM meet.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the first event of the meet, Bridgitte Kwong '19, Nina Fitzgerald '21, Marie Fagan '22, and Natalie Rumpelt '20 snagged a time of 1:48.85 for first place in the 200 yard medley relay.
- Julia Ruggiero beat out her closest opponent by 17 seconds as she took first in the 1000 yard freestyle with a time of 10:41.03.
- Kwong grabbed his first individual event win on the day with a time of 59.01 in the 100 yard backstroke.
- Fitzgerald and Katie Smith '19 secured the top two spots in the 100 yard breaststroke, receiving times of 1:06.80 and 1:08.96 respectively.
- Fagan received a time of 2:09.01 in the 200 yard butterfly for the Mammoths fifth first place finish on the day.
- Ingrid Shu '20 marked a time of 24.37 for the narrow win in the 50 yard freestyle before taking first in the 100 yard butterfly (59.85).
- On the 1-meter board, Ruderman beat her own previous record with a new pool record of 321.68.
- Rumpelt took first In the 100 yard freestyle (52.57) before a win for Kwong in the 200 yard back stroke (2:04.61).
- In the 200 yard breaststroke, Fitzgerald grabbed her second individual win on the day with a time of 2:25.44.
- In the 23rd event, Livia Domenig '19 marked a time of 5:12.30 for the victory in the 500 yard freestyle.
- On the 3-meter board, Ruderman set a new pool record with a score of 318.98, throttling the previous record of 293.02 that wasa set by Lizzy Linsmayer in 2012.