MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – With 11 individual victories on the day, the Amherst women's swimming and diving team defeated Little Three rival Wesleyan in their second dual meet of the season at the Wesleyan Natatorium on Monday night.
The Mammoths return to action after the Thanksgiving break when they are set to travel to Middlebury College to take on the Panthers at 1:00 PM.
- After falling in the opening event on the day, Senior Bridgitte Kwong '19 won the first event on the day for the Mammoths when she recorded a time of 4:29.15 in the 400 yard IM. Kwong went on to win her second event of the day in the 100 yard backstroke, marking a time of 59.73 seconds.
- Livia Domenig '19 won her first event of the day in the 200 yard freestyle, recording a time of 1:55.53. Domenig followed up her performance in the 17th event, posting a time of 54.36 seconds in the 100 yard freestyle.
- Ingrid Shu '20 took first in the 50 yard backstroke with a time of 28.51 seconds, narrowly beating the time of 28.73 from Wesleyans Julia Dietz.
- Nina Fitzgerald '21 secured the ninth event for the Mammoths after receiving a time of 30.76 seconds in the 50 yard breaststroke.
- Marie Fagan won the 100 yard butterfly, timing in at 59.07 for her first victory on the day.
- Natalie Rumpelt '20 edged Cardinal Caroline Murphy by 0.04 seconds to take first place in the 50 yard freestyle with a time of 25.01.
- The Mammoths swept the top-three spots in the one meter diving with Lindsey Ruderman '21 leading the way with a final score of 232.57. Hannah Karlin '22 and Jackie Palermo '19 took second and third for the Purple & White.
- Fitzgerald followed up her previous performance with another first place finish after marking a time of 1:07.71 in the 100 yard breaststroke. Molly Pines '19 (1:09.46) and Isabella Weiner '20 (1:10.12) rounded out the event with second and third place.
- Rumpelt notched her second victory of the day when she posted a time of 5:10.23 in the 500 yard freestyle. Caroline Needell '22 grabbed second place (5:18.20) while Julia Ruggiero took third (5:19.59).