INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The Mammoths impressed on day two of the 2018 NCAA Division III Swimming & Diving Championships at the IU Natatorium, advancing to the finals in four of six events as the No. 15 Amherst College women's swimming & diving team sit in ninth after adding 56 points to the board (68 total).
DAY TWO RUNDOWN
- TOP THREE: Emory (318), Williams (254), Kenyon (243)
- EVENTS: 200 Free Relay, 400 IM, 100 Fly, 200 Free, 1-meter diving, 400 Medley Relay
- The No. 8 seed (1:34.28) 200 freestyle relay quartet of Geralyn Lam '18, Ingrid Shu '20, Natalie Rumpelt '20 and Stephanie Moriarty '18 earned a spot in the finals after a strong showing in the morning prelims, clocking a time of 1:34.42 to take seventh.
- Bridgitte Kwong '19 continued Amherst's impressive day, out-swimming her No. 10 seed time of 4:25.76 in the 400 yard IM to touch the wall in 4:23.62 and place seventh to earn a spot in the finals.
- In the 100 yard butterfly, Lam registered a time of 56.88 seconds to place 26th overall in the 44 swimmer event.
- Taking to the blocks in the 200 yard freestyle, Rumpelt finished in 1:51.56 to take 17th overall, while Moriarty added a 29th place finish behind a 1:53.19 mark.
- Clocking a time of 3:48.64 in the prelims, the 400 yard medley relay squad of Moriarty, Nina Fitzgerald '21, Lam and Rumpelt claimed 10th overall and a spot in the consolation finals.
- Lindsey Ruderman '21 advanced to the 1-meter diving finals by totaling 423.85 points in the prelims of the 29-competitor event.
- In the 200 freestyle relay finals, the Mammoths claimed eighth overall with Lam (28.80), Shu (23.67), Rumpelt (23.82) and Moriarty (23.67) recording a time of 1:34.96 to add 22 points to the board.
- Kwong placed eighth in the nation in the 400 IM, logging a 4:25.18 mark.
- Totaling 426.25 points on the 1-meter board, Ruderman finished the season as Division III's sixth best diver.
- Amherst added a 12th place finish in the 400 medley relay consolation finals, as Moriarty (57.28), Fitzgerald (1:02.63), Lam (56.17) and Rumpelt (51.92) teaming up to touch the wall in 3:48.00.
|200 Free Relay||---||No. 8 - 1:34.28||8th - 1:34.96|
|400 IM||Bridgitte Kwong '19||No. 10 - 4:25.76||8th - 4:25.18|
|100 Fly||Geralyn Lam '18||No. 30 - 56.77||26th - 56.88|
|200 Free||Natalie Rumpelt '20||No. 18 - 1:51.60||17th - 1:51.56|
|200 Free||Stephanie Moriarty '18||No. 48 - 1:59.56||29th - 1:53.19|
|400 Medley Relay||--||No. 16 - 3:50.31||12th - 3:48.00|
|1-Meter Diving||Lindsey Ruderman '21||--||6th - 426.25|