NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Mammoths clinched 10 event victories on the day as the Amherst College women's swimming & diving team battled past Connecticut College, 167-127 Saturday afternoon at Jane Cadwell Lott Natatorium.
With the win, the Mammoths improve to 5-1 in dual meet action on the year. Amherst returns to the pool on Saturday, Feb. 3 when they travel to MIT for a 1 p.m. matchup.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley quartet started off the meet with a second place finish for the Mammoths, with Stephanie Moriarty '18, Katie Smith '19, Ingrid Shu '20 and Geralyn Lam '18 teaming up to clock a time of 1:48.08.
- Jayne Vogelzang '19 led the pack in the 1000 yard freestyle, clocking a time of 10:42.18 to add nine points to the board.
- Amherst clinched first and third in the 200 yard free, with Natalie Rumpelt '20 taking gold (1:54.59) and Livia Domenig '19 earning bronze (1:55.83).
- Moriarty paced Amherst in the 100 yard backstroke with a third place finish (1:00.04), while Nina Fitzgerald '21 logged a time of 1:07.82 in the 100 yard breaststroke to earn second overall.
- With a 2:08.23 mark in the 200 yard butterfly, Lam finished second overall, while Shu won the 50 yard freestyle with a time of 24.56 seconds.
- The Mammoths swept both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives, with Lindsey Ruderman '21 tallying 240.07 points in the 1-meter to earn first, while Jackie Palermo '19 took the top-spot in the 3-meter (258.15 points).
- Natalie Rumpelt '20 swam to a first place finish in the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 53.23 seconds, while Bridgitte Kwong '19 added another victory in the 200 yard backstroke (2:05.13).
- Fitzgerald placed second in the 200 yard breaststroke (2:27.58) before Domenig clocked a time of 5:12.77 in the 500 yard free (second overall).
- Lam led the pack in the 100 yard butterfly behind a 57.61 second mark before Kwong secured her second victory of the meet in the 200 yard IM (2:09.60).
- Amherst closed out the day with a win in the 200 yard freestyle relay, with Lam, Shu, Rumpelt and Moriarty touching the wall in 1:36.31.