BRUSWICK, Maine – After the final day of the NESCAC Championships action, No. 8 Amherst College women's swimming & diving team placed second overall for the second consecutive year with 1,367 points.
THE BASICS – FINAL RESULTS
1. Williams (1,856 points)
2. Amherst (1,367 points)
3. Connecticut College (1,268.5 points)
4. Middlebury (1,174 points)
5. Bates (1,159.5 points)
6. Bowdoin (994.5 points)
7. Wesleyan (751 points)
8. Tufts (700.5 points)
9. Hamilton (388 points)
10. Colby (284 points)
11. Trinity (281 points)
DAY THREE HIGHLIGHTS
- The Purple & White's 400-yard freestyle relay quartet made up of Natalie Rumpelt '20, Ingrid Shu '20, Geralyn Lam '18, and Stephanie Moriarty '18 highlighted the final day of action, clocking a second place finish with a NCAA 'B' Cut mark of 3:27.42.
- Finishing back-to-back in the 200-yard backstroke, Bridgitte Kwong '19 and Moriarty placed third and fourth with NCAA 'B' Cut times of 2:02.34 and 2:02.42, respectively.
- Rumpelt touched the wall fourth in the 100-yard freestyle event with a NCAA 'B' Cut time of 52.05.
- Competing in the 1650-yard freestyle, Marie Maxwell '18 and Jayne Vogelzang '19 legged out fourth and fifth place finishes with NCAA 'B' Cut times of 17:29.17 and 17:30.27, respectively.
- Amherst heads to Wesleyan University for the February Invite Feb. 19 with the meet set to begin at 4:30 p.m.
AMHERST DAY ONE RESULTS (Only listed if Top 8)
* NCAA 'A' Cut
^ NCAA 'B' Cut
# Meet Record
% Pool Record
@ Amherst Record
Natalie Rumpelt '20 – 4th (52.05) ^
Geralyn Lam '18 – 7th (2:06.45) ^
Jackie Palermo '19 – 7th (384.70 points)
400-Yard Freestyle Relay