BRUSWICK, Maine – Following the conclusion day two action at the 2017 NESCAC Women's Swimming & Diving Championships hosted by Bowdoin College, No. 8 Amherst College still sits in second place with 1,007.5 points behind first place Williams College.
THE BASICS – TOP 5
1. Williams (1,288 points)
2. Amherst (1,007.5 points)
3. Connecticut College (950.5 points)
4. Bates (842.5 points)
5. Middlebury (839 points)
DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- The quartet of Stephanie Moriarty '18, Ingrid Shu '20, Geralyn Lam '18, and Destin Groff '17 claimed third overall in the 200-yard medley relay with a NCAA 'B' Cut time of 1:44.96.
- Bridgitte Kwong '19 highlighted the 400-yard IM for the Purple & White with a third place finish and a NCAA 'B' Cut mark of 4:26.01. Heather Grotzinger '20 also clocked a NCAA 'B' Cut mark in the event (4:39.30) to earn a 6th place finish.
- Competing in the 100-yard backstroke, Moriarty tied for fourth with a NCAA 'B' Cut mark of 57.07.
- The 800-yard relay team of Sarah McDonald '20, Dorit Song '19, Livia Domenig '19, and Natalie Rumpelt '20 capped day two action for the Purple & White with a fourth place finish behind a NCAA 'B' Cut time of 7:36.43.
- Amherst is looking to take home the NESCAC Championship title in the final day of competition tomorrow, Feb. 12. Prelims are set to begin at 10 a.m. followed by the finals at 5:30 p.m.
AMHERST DAY ONE RESULTS (Only listed if Top 8)
* NCAA 'A' Cut
^ NCAA 'B' Cut
# Meet Record
% Pool Record
@ Amherst Record
200-Yard Medley Relay
1000 Yard Freestyle
Marie Maxwell '18 – 5th (10:27.31)
Bridgitte Kwong '19 – 3rd (4:26.01) ^
Healther Grotzinger '20 – 6th (4:39.30) ^
Geralyn Lam '18 – 6th (57.21)
Ingrid Shu '20 – 6th (1:03.88) ^
Stephanie Moriarty '18 – 4th (57.07) ^
800-Yard Freestyle Relay