BRUSWICK, Maine – The No. 8 Amherst College women's swimming & diving team sits in second place with 547.5 points following day one action at the 2017 NESCAC Championships hosted by Bowdoin College at Greason Pool.
THE BASICS – TOP 5
1. Williams (625.5 points)
2. Amherst (547.4 points)
3. Connecticut College (461.5 points)
4. Bates (460 points)
5. Middlebury (448 points)
DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- Continuing her stellar rookie campaign, first-year Ingrid Shu claimed the NESCAC title in the 50-yard freestyle with a NCAA 'B' Cut time of 23.62 seconds. The time narrowly missed the NESCAC meet record set in 2015 (23.27).
- Shu also had a hand in Amherst's 200-yard freestyle relay team that raced to a third place finish. Alongside teammates Geralyn Lam '18, Natalie Rumpelt '20, and Destin Groff 17, the Purple & White clocked a NCAA 'B' Cut time of 1:34.67.
- Lam highlighted the 50-yard butterfly for Amherst, securing fourth place with a time of 25.60 seconds.
- Jacqueline Palermo '19 earned fourth overall in the 1-meter diving event with a NCAA 'B' Cut score of 416.75.
- The Purple & White return to the pool tomorrow, Feb. 11 with prelims beginning at 10 a.m. followed by finals at 6 p.m.
AMHERST DAY ONE RESULTS (Only listed if Top 8)
* NCAA 'A' Cut
^ NCAA 'B' Cut
# Meet Record
% Pool Record
@ Amherst Record
Katie Smith '19 - 5th (30.04)
Geralyn Lam '18 – 4th (25.60)
Livia Domenig '19 – 7th (5:02.07)
Bridgitte Kwong'19 – 6th (2:06.01) ^
Ingrid Shu '20 – 1st (23.62) ^
Jacqueline Palermo '19 – 4th (416.75) ^