AMHERST, Mass. – Five different swimmers combined for seven individual event victories as the No. 8 Amherst College women's swimming & diving team defeated No. 14 Connecticut College, 163-125 Saturday afternoon at Pratt Pool.
• RESULT: W 163-125 (5-1)
• LOCATION: Pratt Pool, Amherst College
- The Purple & White won eight events, including at least two swimmers finishing in the top three places in 11 of 16 events en route to a 163-125 victory.
- First-year Natalie Rumpelt claimed two individual victories in the 100-yard and 200-yard freestyle events with times of 52.51 and 1:53.17. Rumpelt also had a hand in setting the new pool record in the 200-yard freestyle relay (1:36.62) alongside Stephanie Moriarty '18, Zoe Pappas '19, and Ingrid Shu '20.
- Jacqueline Palermo '19 and Luz Lim '20 finished first and second in the 1-meter diving event with scores of 243.97 and 187.35, respectively. Palermo and Lim also claimed first (278.55) and second (179.40) in the 3-meter diving event with Palermo's score qualifying for a 'B Cut' mark.
- Bridgitte Kwong '19 secured first place victories in the 200-yard backstroke and the 200-yard IM with marks of 2:05.36 and 2:09.75.
- Shu had a stellar performance with a first place finish in the 50-yard freestyle (24.15) and a second place finish in the 200-yard breaststroke with a mark of 2:23.62.
- In the 100-yard butterfly, Geralyn Lam '18 placed first with a time of 57.64, while Tracy Chen '20 touched third in 59.18. Lam also secured second place in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 2:07.60.
- Marie Maxwell powered to a second place finish in the 1000-yard freestyle in 10:45.83.
- Amherst returns to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 28 when they travel to Cambridge, Mass. to take on MIT beginning at 1 p.m.