AMHERST, Mass. – Natalie Rumpelt '20 and Jacqueline Palermo '19 won two individual events each to help lift the No. 14 Amherst College women's swimming & diving team over Union College, 162-72, in its fourth straight dual-meet victory Saturday afternoon at Pratt Pool.
RESULT: W 162-72
LOCATION: Pratt Pool, Amherst, Mass.
• The Purple & White tallied 11 first place finishes in its fourth win of the season.
• Rumpelt, Katie Smith '19, Destin Groff '17, and Zoe Pappas '19 broke the Pratt Pool record set in 2005 (1:39.49) in the 200-yard freestyle with a mark of 1:38.76, while Livia Domenig '19, Isabella Weiner '20, Sarah Wishloff '19, and Stephanie Moriarty '18 placed third in 1:42.04.
• Rumpelt earned first place honors in the 50-yard freestyle (24.52) and the 100-yard freestyle (52.99).
• Earning 11 points for Amherst, Moriarty, Groff, Ingrid Shu '20, and Geralyn Lam '18 placed first in the 200-yard medley relay with a mark of 1:36.04, while Smith, Bridgitte Kwong '19, Victoria Chao '18, and Clare Leonard '18 finished second in 1:38.14.
• Sophomores Jayne Vogelzang and Sarah Wishloff legged out first and second place finishes in the 1000-yard freestyle with times of 10:57.53 and 10:59.27, respectively.
• First-year Heather Grotzinger finished first in the 500-yard freestyle with a mark of 5:17.82, while Sarah McDonald '20 (2:12.53) and Lam (2:13.47) placed first and second in the 200-yard IM.
• in the 200-yard freestyle, Domenig swam to a second place finish in 1:57.10, while Marie Maxwell '18 placed third in 2:02.39.
• Palermo placed first in the 1 meter diving event with 267.15 points that qualified for a 'B Cut' mark, while also claiming first place honors in the 3-meter diving event with 225.83 points.
• Wong and Shu rounded out the Purple & White's first place finishes in the 200-yard backstroke and the 200-yard breaststroke with times of 2:06.5 and 2:27.08.
• Amherst returns to the pool Jan. 7 to take on Williams College at 1 p.m. in Williamstown, Mass.