MIDDLEBURY, Vt. - Bridgitte Kwong '19 swam to three individual victories while Natalie Rumpelt '20, Geralyn Lam '18, and Ingrid Shu '20 added two individual wins to help lift the No. 10 Amherst College women's swimming & diving team to a 179.5-118.5 victory over NESCAC rival Middlebury College Saturday afternoon in Middlebury, Vt.
• RESULT: W 179.5-118.5
• LOCATION: Middlebury, Vt.
• The Purple & White tallied 13 first place finishes in its third straight dual-meet win of the season.
• Shu, Lam, Stephanie Moriarty '18, and Zoe Pappas '19 captured the first win of the meet in the 200-yard medley relay as the quartet posted a time of 1:49.44 that was good for 11 team points.
• Kwong and Moriarty powered to two first and second place finishes in the 100-yard and 200-yard backstroke events. Kwong finished the 100-yard event in 1:00.18 and the 200-yard race in 2:13.10, while Moriarty clocked respective times of 1:00.22 (100-yard) and 2:13.22 (200-yard).
• Kwong also earned first place honors in the 200-yard IM (2:13.10), while teammates Dorit Song '19 (2:13.62) and Destin Groff '17 (2:15.14) placed second and third.
• Shu glided to victories in the 100-yard breaststroke and 100-yard freestyle with marks of 1:06.54 and 54.16, while Lam clocked first-place times of 2:09.34 in the 200-yard butterfly and 58.17 in the 100-yard butterfly. Tracy Chen '20 finished second in the 100-yard butterly in 1:00.00.
• Rumpelt picked up first place in the 200-yard freestyle (1:56.51) and the 500-yard freestyle with a mark of 5:16.18.
• First-year Heather Grotzinger finished first in the 1000-yard freestyle with a mark of 10:57.39, while Groff sprinted to a first place finish in the 50-yard freestyle, tying with Middlebury's Morgan Burke with a mark of 25.17.
• Jaqueline Palermo '17 rounded out the Purple & White's individual victories in the 1-meter diving with 222.98 points.
• Amherst returns to Pratt Pool Dec. 31 to take on Union College at 12 p.m.