MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Bridgitte Kwong '19, Katie Smith '19, and Natalie Rumpelt '20 each earned two individual victories as the No. 10 Amherst College women's swimming and diving team powered past Little Three rival Wesleyan University, 184-103, in dual-meet action Monday afternoon in Middletown, Conn.
• RESULT: W 184-103
• LOCATION: Wesleyan Natatorium - Middletown, Conn.
• The Purple & White tallied 10 first place finishes in its second win of the season.
• Kwong touched first in the 400-yard individual medley and the 100-yard backstroke in 4:33.77 and 59.90, respectively.
• Rumpelt powered to first place honors in the 100-yard freestyle (54.16), and the 200-yard freestyle (1:55.85), while teammates Sarah McDonald '20 (54.51) and Stephanie Moriarty '18 (54.81) placed second and third in the 100-yard free and Livia Domenig '19 (1:57.32) and Sarah Wishloff '19 (2:00.42) placed in the 200-yard free.
• Smith glided to victories in the 50-yard breaststroke and the 100-yard breaststrokes with marks of 30.97, and 1:08.71.
• First-year Ingrid Shu clocked a first-place time of 24.77 in the 50-yard, while also having a hand in the 200-yard medley relay with teammates Destin Groff '17, Tracy Chen '20, and Zoe Pappas '19 for a first place finish (1:50.44).
• Moriarty finished first in the 50-yard backstroke (27.70) while Geralyn Lam '18 finished first in the 100-yard butterfly to round out the Purple & White's first place finishes.
• The Purple & White will travel to Middlebury, Vt. Saturday, Dec. 3, to take on Middlebury College beginning at 1 p.m.