MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – After the final day of the NESCAC Championships hosted by Middlebury College at the Middlebury Natatorium, the Amherst College women's swimming & diving team placed second overall with 1,343 points.
1. Williams College (2,045 points)
2. Amherst (1,343 points)
3. Bates College (1,317.5 points)
4. Middlebury (1,090.5 points)
5. Connecticut College (1,013 points)
6. Bowdoin College (959 points)
7. Tufts University (720 points)
8. Wesleyan University (546 points)
9. Hamilton College (470 points)
10. Colby College (402 points)
11. Trinity College (239 points)
FINAL DAY HIGHLIGHTS
- Emily Hyde '16 closed out her fantastic individual effort with her third win for the weekend in Sunday's 200-yard breaststroke. She touched the wall with a new NCAA Division III record time of 2:12.22, setting new NESCAC, meet and pool records in the process. The previous NCAA Division III record of 2:12.83 was set by Williams' Lindsay Payne in 2006. Hyde's winning time was 2.36 seconds below the NCAA automatic-qualifying mark.
- Hannah Hummel '16 added a fourth place finish in the 200-yard breaststroke for Amherst with a time of 2:20.98.
- The Purple & White 400-yard freestyle relay squad Hyde, Zoe Pappas '19, Dorit Song '19, and Sarah Conklin ' 16 combined for a fourth place mark of 3:28.46.
- Senior Charlotte Chudy added a fourth place finish in the 1650-yard freestyle when she touched the wall in 17:27.44.
AMHERST DAY THREE RESULTS (Only listed if Top 8)
* NCAA 'A' Cut
^ NCAA 'B' Cut
# Meet Record
% Pool Record
@ Amherst Record
Charlotte Chudy 4th (17:27.44)^
Bridgitte Kwong 4th (2:02.77)^
Stephanie Moriarty 5th (2:02.98)^
Emily Hyde 1st (2:12.22)#%* NCAA Division III Record
Hannah Hummel 4th (2:20.69)^
Sarah Conklin 5th (2:05.08)^
Jacqueline Palermo 8th (341.75)
400-Yard Freestyle Relay
Emily Hyde, Zoe Pappas, Dorit Song, Sarah Conklin 4th (3:28.46)^
- Amherst returns to action at the February Invite Thursday, Feb. 18.