Posted: Jan 30, 2016
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The No. 7 Amherst women's swimming and diving team won 13 events, including a sweep in the 100-yard freestyle, as they powered past MIT, 198-117, Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: W 198 – 117 (6-1)
- LOCATION: Alumni Pool, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- The quartet of Zoe Pappas '19, Livia Domenig '19, Dorit Song '19, and Sarah Conklin '16 took second in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:39.37.
- The only Purple & White swimmer in the top-three, Domenig claimed first in the 200-yard freestyle and 500-yard freestyle with marks of 1:55.16 and 5:07.07, respectively.
- Stephanie Moriarty '18 and Bridgitte Kwong '19 finished back-to-back to earn second and third in the 100-yard backstroke with times of 58.57 and 1:00.00, respectively.
- Continuing her domination in the breaststroke this season, Emily Hyde '16 claimed first in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:04.88).
- Out swimming opponents in the 200-yard butterfly, Geralyn Lam '18 earned first (2:06.84) and Conklin earned second (2:07.30).
- Pappas and Destin Groff '17 used times of 24.85 and 25.02, respectively, to claim first and second in the 50-yard freestyle.
- Jackie Palermo '19 took first in the 1-meter diving event with a score of 241.86 and third in the 3-meter diving event with a score of 229.27.
- With times of 3:53.42 and 3:59.16 in the 400-yard medley relay, the squads of Moriarty, Hyde, Conklin, Domenig and Kwong, Hannah Hummel '16, Lam, Song earned first and second.
- Finishing back-to-back in the 100-yard butterfly, Lam and Conklin took first and second with marks of 57.66 and 57.72, respectively.
- Amherst placed first and third in the 200-yard backstroke with Kwong claiming first with a time of 2:04.38 and Moriarty claiming third with a time of 2:08.39.
- Hyde earned first in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:18.79), while Hummel earned third (2:26.11).
- The Purple & White swept the 100-yard freestyle, with Song, Pappas and Smith claiming the top-three spots with times of 53.29, 53.38, and 54.07.
- Lam earned her third individual victory in the 200-yard IM with a mark of 2:08.72.
- The squad of Pappas, Song, Moriarty, Domenig took first in the 400-yard freestyle relay (3:32.36), while the team of Groff, Kwong, Sarah Wishloff '19, Smith claimed third (3:39.98).
- Amherst returns to Pratt Pool on Sunday, Jan. 30 when they host Springfield College beginning at 1 p.m.
- MIT competes in the NEWMAC Championships on Feb. 18 at 6 p.m.