NEW LONDON, Conn. – Emily Hyde '16, Sarah Conklin '16, and Stephanie Moriarty '18 combined for seven individual event victories as the Amherst College women's swimming & diving team defeated Connecticut College, 152.5-131.5, Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: W 152.5 – 131.5 (5-1)
- LOCATION: Jane Cadwell Lott '36 Natatorium, Connecticut College
- Amherst won nine of 16 events en route to a 152.5 to 131.5 victory.
- Moriarty, Hyde, Conklin, Zoe Papas '19 took first in the first race of the day, earning a mark of 1:50.41 in the 200-yard medley relay.
- With a time of 10:51.21 in the 1,000-yard freestyle, Charlotte Chudy claimed first.
- Livia Domenig '19 and Dorit Song '19 finished back-to-back in the 200-yard freestyle, earning second and third with marks of 1:56.72 and 1:56.87, respectively.
- Moriarty placed first in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 59.73, while Bridgitte Kwong '19 took third (1:02.16).
- Continuing her dominance in the 100-breastroke, Hyde secured first with a time of 1:05.41. Hannah Hummel '16 finished third with a mark of 1:08.81.
- Conklin tied for first place in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 2:07.34.
- The only Purple & White swimmer in the top-three, Destin Groff '17 earned third in the 50-yard freestyle with a mark of 25.30.
- First-years Jackie Palermo and Jasmine Horan finished first and second in the 1-meter diving event with scores of 410.40 and 320.85, respectively.
- Song and Pappas claimed second and third in the 100-yard freestyle with times of 54.10 and 54.27, respectively.
- Moriarty earned her second victory of the day in the 200-yard backstroke (2:07.78), while Kwong placed second (2:08.68).
- Hyde secured first in the 200-yard breaststroke with a mark of 2:22.33, while Hummel secured second with a time of 2:26.86.
- Domenig was the only Amherst swimmer in the top-three in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:17.03.
- Palermo won the 3-meter diving event with a score of 366.00.
- Conklin's second victory of the meet came in the 100-yard butterfly, securing first with a mark of 57.28.
- Hyde and Kwong finished in the top-three in the 200-yard IM, with Hyde earning first (2:09.58) and Kwong earning third (2:13.18).
- Amherst took second and third in the final event of the meet, with the quartet of Pappas, Domenig, Song, and Conklin finishing in 1:38.81 and Katie Smith '19, Sarah Wishloff '19, Moriarty, and Kasia Ifill '19 hitting the wall in a 1:41.75.
- Amherst returns to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 30 when they travel to Cambridge, Mass. to take on MIT beginning at 11 a.m.
- The Camels travel to Wellesley College on Jan. 30 for a 1 p.m. dual meet.