AMHERST, Mass. – The Amherst College women's swimming & diving team earned four event victories, and senior captain Emily Hyde set a new pool record in the 200-yard breaststroke, however the Purple & White suffered its first loss of the season, 180-114, to Little Three rival Williams College Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: L 180 – 114 (4-1)
- LOCATION: Pratt Pool, Amherst College
- Amherst won three individual events and one relay race en route to the 180-114 loss.
- With a mark of 1:46.25, the quartet of Stephanie Moriarty '18, Sarah Conklin '16, Hyde, and Zoe Pappas '19 took second in the 200-yard medley relay.
- First-year's Livia Domenig and Dorit Song finished back-to-back to take second and third, respectively, in the 200-yard freestyle with times of 1:55.07 and 1:55.77.
- The only Amherst swimmer in the top-three, Moriarty placed third in the 100-yard backstroke with a mark of 59.09.
- One of Hyde's two individual wins in the meet, Hyde took gold in the 100-yard breaststoke with a time of 1:04.50. Hannah Hummel '16 nabbed third with a mark of 1:08.97.
- Amherst placed two swimmers in the top three spots in the 200-yard butterfly, with Geralyn Lam '18 earning second with a time of 2:08.85 and Conklin earning third with a time of 2:09.67.
- Pappas placed third in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 24.83.
- Pappas and Song earned second and third, respectively, in the 100-yard freestyle with marks of 53.51 and 54.16.
- Hyde took the top spot in the 200-yard breaststroke with a pool record time of 2:20.52. Williams' Caroline Wilson previously held the pool record in this event (2:22.00). Hummel earned third with a mark of 2:26.21.
- Domenig earned Amherst's fourth win of the meet in the 500-yard freestyle, recording a time of 5:12.35. Charlotte Chudy '16 took third with a mark of 5:16.12.
- Conklin placed second in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 57.27.
- Amherst earned the first and third in the 400-yard freestyle relay, with the tandem of Pappas, Song, Domenig, and Hyde placing first with a time of 3:32.40 and the quartet of Sarah Wishloff '19, Moriarty, Destin Groff '17, and Conklin placing third with a time of 3:38.49.
- The Ephs return home to swim against Connecticut College on Jan. 16 at 1 p.m.
- Amherst returns to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 23 when they take on Connecticut College in New London, Conn. starting at 1 p.m.