Middletown, Conn. – Emily Hyde '16, Stephanie Moriarty '18 and Zoe Pappas each won two individual events as the Amherst College women's swimming & diving team raced past Little Three rival Wesleyan University, 163-118 Monday afternoon.
- Result: W 163-118
- Location: Middletown, Conn. – Wesleyan University
- The Purple & White won 11 total events to secure the victory.
- Amherst swept six events, claiming the top-3 spots in the 100-yard backstroke, 200-yard freestyle, 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard freestyle, and 100-yard breaststroke.
- First-year Bridgitte Kwong earned first in the 400-yard IM with a time of 4:36.67, and second overall in the 100-yard backstroke (1:00.67) behind fellow Amherst swimmer Moriarty (58.75).
- In addition to wining the 100-yard backstroke crown, Moriarty placed first overall in the 50-yard backstroke and, along with Hyde, Sarah Conklin '16 and Katie Smith '16, earned a victory in the 200-yard relay medley.
- Hyde, Hannah Hummel '16 and Smith took the top-three spots in the 100-yard backstroke, with Hyde claiming first with a mark of 1:06.03, while Hummel and Smith placed second and third with times of 1:08.86 and 1:09.47, respectively.
- Hyde added an individual win in the 50-yard breaststroke with a mark of 30.42, narrowly defeating Smith who finished second with a time of 31.31.
- First-year Livia Domenig earned the win in the 200-yard freestyle (1:55.95) in front of Chudy (159.52) and Marie Maxwell '18 (2:01.75).
- Pappas two individual victories came in the 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard freestyle, securing times of 25.13 and 54.06, respectively.
- Amherst also had success in the 100-yard butterfly and 500-yard freestyle, with Conklin (57.91) and Sarah Wishloff '19 (1:01.18) earning first and second in the butterfly, respectively, and Chudy (5:15.40) and Maxwell (5:21.63) finishing back-to-back to earn first and second in the freestyle.
- Amherst returns to Pratt Pool on Dec. 5 when they take on Middlebury College in their home opener beginning at 1 p.m.