Waterville, Maine – Captain Emily Hyde '16, Stephanie Moriarty '18 and Katie Smith '19 each won two individual events as the Amherst College women's swimming and diving team opened the 2015-16 season with a 149-108 victory over Colby College Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: W 149-108
- LOCATION: Colby College, Waterville Maine
- Amherst won 12 total events en route to its first win of the year.
- Starting the season strong, Hyde tallied individual wins in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:07.25), 200-yard-breaststroke (2:24.02). She was also part of the 200-yard medley relay squad (1:50.58) that earned a victory in the dual meet.
- Moriarty finished first in the 100-yard backstroke (1:00.4) and 200-yard backstroke (2:12.38). She also claimed first overall in the first event of the afternoon, joining Hyde, Sarah Conklin '16 and Destin Groff '17 as part of Amherst's 200-yard medley relay group.
- In her collegiate debut, Smith earned gold in the 50-yard freestyle (25.27) and 100-yard freestyle (55.21).
- Captain Charlotte Chudy '16 won the lone distance race of the day, claiming the 1000-yard freestyle in 10:53.52.
- Livia Domenig '19 (200-yard freestyle, 1:58.83), Geralyn Lam '18 (220-yard butterfly, 2:10.49), and Jacqueline Palermo '19 (1 meter diving, 191.65) rounded out the Purple & White's victors in the dual meet.
- The Purple & White return to the pool on Monday, Nov. 23 to take on Little Three rival Wesleyan University beginning at 5 p.m.