HARTFORD, Conn. - The fourth-seeded Amherst College women's squash team fell to third-seeded Middlebury College, 6-3 in Sunday's third place match of the NESCAC Championship hosted by Trinity College at the George A. Kendall Squash Center.
- Amherst earned victories from the first two positions as Kimberly Krayacich '18 notched a 3-1 (11-8, 8-11, 11-9, 11-7) win from the first slot, while Rachel Ang '19 was also victorious in four frames 3-1 (11-5, 8-11, 12-10, 11-9) on the second court.
- The Purple & White's third win came in the sixth position as Taryn Clary '16 secured a straight set sweep with scores of 11-2, 11-6, and 11-8.
- Bowdoin earned its six wins from the third, fourth, fifth, seventh, eighth and ninth positions to clinch third place.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Fourth place is the highest ever finish for Amherst at the NESCAC Championship since postseason came into effect.
- Middlebury earned an 8-1 victory over Purple & White earlier this season on Jan. 12 in Middlebury, Vt.
- Amherst returns to action at the three-day women's CSA Championships Feb. 19-21 at Yale University.