HARTFORD, Conn. – The fourth-seeded Amherst College women's squash team posted a 6-3 victory over fifth-seeded Bowdoin College in NESCAC Championship Quarterfinal action, and then fell to top-seeded Trinity College, 7-2 in a semifinal match Saturday afternoon at the George A. Kendall Squash Center on the campus of Trinity College.
- Bowdoin earned victories from the first, second and fourth positions, while Amherst claimed wins at the number three, five, six, seven, eight and nine slots, including four by way of 3-0 sweeps.
- Haley McAtee '18 earned a hard-fought, 3-2 (11-8, 9-11, 6-11, 11-7, 11-5) win on the number three court, while Priya Sinha '19 logged a 3-1 (11-8, 11-5, 3-11, 11-3) victory in the fifth position.
- Taryn Clary '16, Khushy Aggarwal '16, Corri Johnson '16, and Mae Cromwell '18, each picked up straight-set victories to help the Purple & White advance to the program's first-ever semifinal.
- Trinity claimed victory from the 1-5 positions, as well seven and eight.
- Clary earned a 3-1 (7-11, 11-7, 11-8, 11-8) win on the sixth court, while Cromwell also posted a 3-1 victory from the ninth slot with scores of 11-2, 11-2, 9-11, and 11-5.
- Amherst closes out action tomorrow at 12 p.m. in the third place match and will take on the loser of No. 2 Williams College and No. 3 Middlebury College.