AMHERST, Mass. – The No. 16 Amherst College women's squash team picked up its third sweep of the season when it downed No. 27 Mount Holyoke College, 9-0 Wednesday evening at the Davenport Squash Courts.
Mount Holyoke (4-14)
- Amherst posted straight set sweeps from all but three positions, as Ericka Robertson '16, Taryn Clary '16, Khushy Aggarwal '16 Corri Johnson '16, Rebecca Pol '16, and Emma Crowe '19 each secured 3-0 wins.
- In the number one slot, Kimberly Krayacich '18 secured a 3-1 (11-8, 11-3, 7-11, 11-4) victory over Brandy Williamson, Mae Cromwell '18 earned a 3-1 (11-7, 9-11, 11-6, 11-8) win over Mount Holyoke's Annie Wong in the sixth position, and Izzy Derber '17 completed a 3-1 (11-9, 11-2, 7-11, 11-3) victory over Rose Minichiello on court seven.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Amherst has now won seven of its last eight matches heading into the NESCAC Championship tournament.
- The fourth-seeded Purple & White will square off against No. 5 Bowdoin College Saturday, February 6 at 12 p.m. at Trinity College in Hartford, Conn.
- Mount Holyoke is back in action Saturday at the Seven Sisters Championship hosted by Vassar College. The Lyons will take on Wellesley College at 12 p.m.