AMHERST, Mass. – The 16th-ranked Amherst College women's squash team finished Pioneer Valley Invitational action winning four matches over Saturday and Sunday at the Davenport Squash Courts.
- Amherst finished invitational action winning five of six matches during a three-day stretch to improve to 6-2 on the season.
- The Purple & White fell to No. 4 Yale, 9-0, before earning a 7-2 victory over No. 19 Hamilton on Friday afternoon.
- Amherst then bested No. 28 Conn. College, 9-0, and No. 22 Colby, 6-3 on Saturday afternoon.
- The Purple & White concluded action with a 9-0 win over No. 25 Dickinson, and a 7-2 victory over No. 18 Bates.
CONN. COLLEGE HIGHLIGHTS
- Amherst posted a clean sweep of Conn. College as the Camels were not able to claim a single set against the Purple & White.
- Against Colby, Khushy Aggarwal '16 earned a 3-2 (9-11, 9-11, 11-4, 11-5, 11-6) come-from-behind victory from the sixth position to highlight the 6-3 win.
- Rachael Ang '19, Ericka Robertson '16, and Mae Cromwell '18 each added 3-1 wins from the No. 2, No. 4, and No. 8 positions respectively.
- Priya Sinha '19 and Taryn Clary '16 each powered to sweeps of their opponents from the No. 5 and No. 7 courts.
- The Purple & White notched their second 9-0 win over an opponent during Pioneer Valley Invitational action, besting Dickinson on all nine courts. Amherst was once again perfect, not allowing the visitors to clinch a single set or score more than eight points in a single game.
- In Amherst's final match, Ang, Robertson and Clary prevailed with 3-2 victories from the No. 2, No. 4 and No. 7 positions, while Aggarwal earned an 11-7, 11-8, 7-11, 11-5 win from the No. 6 court.
- Haley McAtee '18, Sinha, and Cromwell rounded out action with sweeps from the No. 3, No. 5 and No. 8 courts.
- Amherst returns to action Saturday, January 23 at No. 12 Drexel at 11 a.m.