Posted: Dec 08, 2015
AMHERST, Mass. - The No. 17 Amherst College women's squash team began its 2015-16 campaign with a 9-0 sweep of Smith College at the Davenport Squash Courts Tuesday evening.
- Amherst claimed victories on all nine courts Wednesday evening, and three first-years picked up their first collegiate victories to highlight the win.
- Rachael Ang '19 earned a 3-0 (11-3, 11-0, 11-2) from the No. 1 position, while classmates Priya Sinha and Emma Crowe secured wins from the No. 5 and No. 9 courts respectively. Sinha posted a 3-0 (11-1, 11-2, 11-3) win, while Crowe capped the contest with a 3-0 (11-2, 11-0, 11-1) triumph.
- Senior tri-captains Ericka Robertson, Taryn Clary, and Khushy Aggarwal completed three sweeps from the No. 2, No. 3, and No. 4 courts respectivel, while Corri Johnson '16, Mae Cromwell '18, and Rebecca Pol '16 also posted straight set victories from the No. 6, No. 7 and No. 8 positions respectively.
- The Purple & White posted a three-set victories from all nine courts, and no Pioneers player scored more than four points in any given frame throughout the match.
- Amherst returns to action when it hosts the four-day Pioneer Valley Invitational January 15-17 at the Davenport Squash Courts.