HARTFORD, Conn. – Alex Toupal '18 scored two goals to lift the seventh-ranked Amherst College women's ice hockey team to a 2-0 win over Trinity College in NESCAC action Friday night.
Amherst (3-0-0, 3-0-0 NESCAC)
Trinity (1-3-0, 1-3-0 NESCAC)
- After two scoreless periods, Toupal netted the game-winner just 21 seconds into the third frame. She was assisted by first-years Jamie McNamara and Miriam Eickhoff.
- Amherst's defenese held strong the rest of the way en route to the shutout, as Toupal added an insurance tally on an empty net with just two seconds remaining in regulation to give the Purple & White the 2-0 win.
- The sophomore forward led all players with an incredible 12 shots on goal, while Amherst held a 36-29 edge in shots and 30-26 advantage in facoffs. Eileen Harris '16 and Jocelyn Hunyadi '19 each registered four shots on goal as well.
- Both teams were unable to capitalize on penalties as the Purple & White went 0-for-3, and the Bantams finished 0-for-2.
- Amherst goalkeeper Sabrina Dobbins '18 continues to shine early in the 2015-16 season, as she posted her second shutout of the year. Through three games, Dobbins has allowed just one goal.
- Sydney Belinskas started in net for Trinity and finished with 34 saves in the losing effort. Cheeky Herr and Hannah Oganeku led the home team offensively as they both posted four shots on goal.
- Amherst and Trinity will play again tomorrow when the NESCAC rivals face off at 4 p.m. in Hartford, Conn.