AMHERST, Mass. - The Amherst College women's golf team is in first place after day one action Saturday afternoon at the Jack Leaman Invitational hosted by the Purple & White at Hickory Ridge Golf Club.
Amherst posted a day one score of 317 and finished nine strokes ahead of NESCAC and Little III rival Williams College (326) after 18 holes.
TOP FIVE TEAMS
- Amherst College (317)
- Williams College (326)
- Middlebury College (338)
- New York University (NYU) (344)
- SUNY Cortland (347)
TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS
DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- Gracie and Weiss both shot a two-over-par 76 on day one and finished in at three-way tie with Williams' Kim for top individual honors after Saturday's first round.
- Zoe Wong '18 finished five strokes behind both Gracie and Weiss with a first round score of 81, while first-year Maggie Schoeller carded an 84 to round out the top four scorers for the Purple & White.
- Schoeller was the only player in the field to notch an eagle in round one while Gracie was one of three players to notch three birdies on Saturday.
- Amherst returns to Jack Leaman Invitational action Sunday with tee-times slated to start at 10:32 a.m. at Hickory Ridge Golf Club.