WELLESLEY, Mass. - The Amherst College women's golf team wrapped up its 2015 fall season Sunday with a fourth-place finish at the two-day, 36-hole Ann S. Batchelder Invitational hosted by Wellesley College this weekend.
- Amherst finished fourth overall in the nine-team invitational with a team score of 661. After carding a 333 on day one, the Purple & White cut five strokes off its score with a 328 on day two.
- Williams won the title with a 609 (309-300) followed by New York University (629-316-313) and Middlebury (640-319-321), respectively.
- Sophomore Zoe Wong and first-year Katie Rosenberg led Amherst and finished tied for 13th overall. Wong was consistent and shot an 81 both days, while Rosenberg cut four strokes off her round one score to finish with a 162 (83-79).
- Senior co-captain Devyn Gardner placed in a tie for 19th in the field after carding a two-day 167 (83-84).
- Kate Weiss '19 finished tied for 24th overall, and finished fourth on the Purple & White with a 36-hole score of 170 (86-84).
- Rounding out the top performances for Amherst were Maggie Schoeller '19 and Sarah Ressler '16. Schoeller placed 30th with a card of 176 (88-88), while Ressler finished 36th with a score of 188 (94-94).
- The Purple & White await the 2016 spring season.