WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - The Amherst College women's golf team finished third overall in the NESCAC Championship, and fourth overall in the Williams Fall Invitational with a two-day, 36-hole score of 672 at the Taconic Golf Club this weekend.
- Amherst finished fourth in the 15-team invitational after carding a 330 on day one followed by a 342 on day two. It was the third best score among six NESCAC schools.
- Williams won both tournaments with an overall score of 617 (309-308). New York University finished second in the Williams Fall Invitational with a 643 (320-323), while Middlebury placed third overall and second in the conference tournament after carding a 663 (328-335).
- First-year Katie Rosenberg shined for Amherst and carded the second lowest score in the field. After a day one score of 76, she shot a 79 today to finish with a 155.
- Kate Weiss '19 finished tied for 25th overall, and finished second on the Purple & White with a two-day score of 170 (83-87).
- Carding the third lowest score for Amherst was senior co-captain Sarah Ressler, who shot a 172 (84-88) to place tied for 28th.
- Zoe Wong '18 finished fourth for the Purple & White with a 175 (87-88) followed by Maggie Schoeller '19 who carded a 178 (86-92) to round out the top Amherst performers.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The inaugural NESCAC Women's Golf Championship was played in conjunction with the Williams Fall Invitational.
- Amherst concludes its 2015 fall season next weekend with the two-day Wellesley Invitational beginning Saturday, Oct. 17.