MIDDLEBURY, Vt. - Senior co-captain Devyn Gardner finished in a four-way tie for first place, and the Amherst College women's golf team finished second overall at the Middlebury College Women's Invitational this weekend at the Ralph Myhre Golf Course.
- Gardner cut eight strokes off her round one score to shoot a two-day, 36-hole score of 160 (84-76). She finished tied for first overall with Phoebe Mattana and Elizabeth Gudas of Williams, and Katharine Fortin of Middlebury.
- The Purple & White finished second overall in the 12-team field with a total score of 656 (336-320). Williams won the invitational with a 642 (326-316), and Middlebury placed third (668-339-329).
- Zoe Wong '18 finished fifth in the field, and second on Amherst with a 161 (82-79).
- First-year Kate Weiss tied for seventh overall after carding a 163 (83-80), the third lowest score by a member of the Purple & White.
- Katie Rosenberg '19 and Maggie Schoeller '19 scored a 172 (87-85) and 181 (92-89) to finish tied for 26th and tied for 37th, respectively.
- Amherst returns to the course next Saturday, Oct. 10 for the two-day Williams College Invitational.