Bolduc, the owner of and pitching instructor for Julie Bolduc’s Pro Pitch, Inc., begins her second season with the Amherst College softball program in 2016.
With more than 25 years of playing, coaching and consulting experience, Bolduc is a dedicated and constant student of the mechanics of pitching. She has spent the last seven seasons working with Molloy College and has made two appearances in the NCAA Division II College World Series with the Molloy Lions.
Bolduc’s playing accomplishments have been unparalleled. She was a pioneer in women’s sports, in the era before today’s stellar US Olympic Women’s Team Sports and the subsequent high profile player endorsements. In her home state of Connecticut, Bolduc blazed a trail for the female athletes, setting 3 national pitching records while still in high school. As an undergrad at Adelphi University in Long Island, Bolduc broke records for wins, most shutouts, most strikeouts, most saves, most consecutive victories, lowest ERA, most no-hitters, most perfect games, and most World Series appearances and victories. Below are some highlights from her playing career:
- Bolduc was the first pitcher in NCAA history to throw a complete Perfect Game in the College World Series against Utah State in 1984.
- In 1985, she led the nation in strikeouts (337).
- That same year, she earned the third-best ERA in the nation (a miniscule 0.24), and her pitching staff ended the season as second best in the nation (0.28).
- Bolduc had the fifth-best ERA in the nation, leading the Panthers to back-to-back fifth-place finishes in the NCAA Womens College World Series in 1984 and 1985.
- Pitched for the world-famous Raybestos Brakettes who were chosen to represent team USA in the 1984 Olympics as an exhibition sport won the World Cup in the 1984.
Throughout her career, Bolduc has received many honors and awards:
- Honored by the State of Connecticut as Female Athlete of the Year (1984)
- Inducted into the Connecticut Softball Hall of Fame (1990)
- Inducted into the Adelphi University Hall of Fame (1996)
A graduate of Adelphi University (1987), Bolduc holds a BS in Science, a Masters Degree in Social Work and is a LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker).