LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Making the program's 10th team appearance at the national meet, and sixth straight, the Amherst College men's cross country team posted a 47-85-131-139-170-(182)-(209) scoring order and an average 8K time of 25:44 to close out the 2019 season with a 23rd place finish at the 32-team NCAA Championships at E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park in Louisville, Ky.
- TEAM RESULT: 23rd Overall (572 points)
- TEAM TOP-THREE: Pomona-Pitzer (164 points), North Central (182 points), Williams (183 points)
- TOP-INDIVIDUAL: Patrick Watson (Stevenson / 24:13.9)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 (25:10.6 / 59th)
- TOTAL RUNNERS: 279
MAMMOTH SCORING RUNNERS
- Capturing 59th overall at the 279-harrier meet, senior captain Spencer Ferguson-Dryden concludes his senior campaign as the top Mammoth finisher at all seven of Amherst's races this fall. Neary cutting his previous best-finish at the national meet in half (111th / 25:33.48 / 2017), Ferguson-Dryden demonstrated his reliability in the postseason and recorded that exact same mark to the tenth of a second as his All-Region performance last weekend – stopping the clock in 25:10.6. His time was just 13 seconds away from All-American distinction.
- Missing out on his 8K PR by less than a second, Bill Massey '21 registered his fourth finish of the fall that fell within a one-second margin (25:29.3 - 25:30.6) as he crossed the line in 25:30.1 to take 106th overall in his first NCAA Championship appearance.
- In his first national meet donning the Purple & White, Braxton Schuldt '21 was the next Mammoth on the scoresheet, with the junior putting together a 25:53.6 mark (5:12.5 average mile) to earn 170th overall in a solid debut at the Championships.
- Ajay Sarathy '21 recorded 1K and 4K splits of 3:09.0 and 7:44.1 en route to taking 180th overall behind a time of 25:56.4.
- The final scoring runner for Amherst, sophomore Owen Daily '22 averaged a 5:16.5 mile to place 221st overall, logging a time of 26:13.2 at his first Championship meet.
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET