WATERFORD, Conn. – Setting a new personal collegiate best, Cosmo Brossy '19 paced the Mammoths with a second place finish, while the No. 16 Amherst College men's cross country team placed three harriers inside the top-10 en route to claiming their second team title of the season Saturday afternoon at the 27-team Connecticut College Invitational at Harkness Memorial Park.
Averaging a team 8K mark of 25:19, Amherst finished with a scoring order of 2-6-9-21-34(39)(43) to edge out No. 8 Williams and No. 12 Middlebury for the team crown.
The Mammoths return to action in two weeks' time when they compete in the NESCAC Championships hosted by Tufts at Franklin Park on Saturday, Oct. 27 beginning at 1 p.m.
- TEAM TOP-THREE: Amherst (72 points), Williams (76 points), Middlebury (96 points)
- TOP-MAMMOTH: Cosmo Brossy '19 (24:54.6 / 2nd)
- TOTAL TEAMS / RUNNERS: 27 / 402
MAMMOTH SCORING RUNNERS
- Cutting 5.4 seconds off his previous collegiate best mark, Brossy crossed the finish line in 24:54.6 to take the silver at the 402-runner meet.
- Next across the finish line for the Mammoths, Clark Ricciardelli '20 clocked a 25:00.5 mark to finish sixth overall, while Tucker Meijer '19 posted a time of 25:18.7 to earn a ninth place finish.
- Ajay Sarathy '21 and Matthew Bradley '22 rounded out Amherst's scoring runners, with Sarathy placing 21st with a time of 25:33.1 and Bradley taking 34th behind a 25:50.8 mark.
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Cosmo Brossy '19 / 24:54.6 / 2nd
- Clark Ricciardelli '20 / 25:00.5 / 6th
- Tucker Meijer '19 / 25:18.7 / 9th
- Ajay Sarathy '21 / 25:33.1 / 21st
- Matthew Bradley '22 / 25:50.8 / 34th
- Estevan Velez '20 / 25:53.9 / 39th
- Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 / 25:58.3 / 44th
- Braxton Schuldt '21 / 26:17.7 / 83rd
- Jamie Mazzola '21 / 26:47.1 / 131st
- Ralph Skinner '20 / 26:52.9 / 143rd
- Chris Stone '20 / 26:59.1 / 150th
- Will Merhige '22 / 27:03.4 / 160th
- Owen Daily '22 / 27:24.2 / 208th
- Jacob Silverman '19 / 27:32.7 / 221st
- Bill Massey '21 / 27:47.5 / 245th
- Lev Robertson '22 / 29:09.6 / 339th