BETHLEHAM, Pa. – The second Division III institution across the finish line, the No. 8 Amherst College men's cross country team recorded an average team 8K time of 25:03 to place 25th overall at the 40-team Paul Short Classic gold division race presented by Asics at the Goodman Campus Cross Country Course.
Utah State (119), Georgetown (167), Adams State (179)
Mohamed Hussein '18 (24:46 / 89th)
TOTAL RUNNERS: 359
MAMMOTHS SCORING RUNNERS
- Hussein notched the Mammoths' top finish, clocking a 4:59 average mile time to log a 24:46 mark and place 89th overall.
- With a time of 24:52 (106th), Clark Ricciardelli '20 was next across the finish line for Amherst, while Cosmo Brossy '19 posted a 25:00 mark to finish 127th.
- Securing a 133rd place finish, Tucker Meijer '19 registered a time of 25:03, while Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 rounded out the Mammoths' scoring runners with a 25:31 mark to place 209th.
AMHERST IN THE SCORESHEET
- Braxton Schuldt '21 / 25:55 / 246th
- Justin Barry '18 / 26:15 / 267th
- Jack Wesley '18 / 27:04 / 350th
The Mammoths return to action on Saturday, Oct. 7 when they travel to Westfield State to compete at the James Earley Invitational. The men's 8K race is slated to take off at 10:30 a.m.