PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Amherst College men's indoor track & field team saw success in their final weekend before the postseason as the Mammoths traveled to Rhode Island to compete at the Brown Invitational Saturday at the Olney-Margolies Athletic Center.
- Chris Gong '23 and Biafra Okoronkwo '20 each posted PR's in the 60m dash, with Gong dropping his best mark to 7.11 seconds and Okoronkwo stopping the clock in 7.30.
- Sophomores Arinze Uddoh, Trevor Hall and Chris Chukwura each had solid performances in the 200m, with the trio all landing inside the top-six, while Mayowa Tinubu '20 (52.19) and Matthew Gelin '23 (53.65) both notched collegiate best marks in the 400m finals.
- The mile saw Jamie Mazzola '21 and Matthew Bradley '22 finish back-to-back to log fourth and fifth place finishes, respectively.
- Two more personal bests were recorded in the 60m hurdles, with Yonas Shiferaw '20 crossing the line in a Regional qualifying mark of 8.66 and Jack Dufton '20 putting up a time of 9.28 seconds.
- Clocking a time of 10:40.36, Aydin Williams '23, Ben Wadsworth '22, Dufton and Owen Daily '22 teamed up to place first overall in the distance medley relay.
- The high jump saw Dufton leap to a height of 1.78m, while Max Spelke took fourth in the long jump.
- His second regional qualifying mark of the day, Shiferaw hit a distance of 13.24m in the triple jump to place second.
- In his first-ever collegiate attempt at the shot put, senior Greg Franklin registered the Mammoths best distance of the season, tossing a throw of 12.49m.
The Mammoths begin the Indoor season's postseason stretch next Saturday, Feb. 28 when they compete at the two-day 2020 New England Division III Indoor Championships hosted by Springfield College.