MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Amherst College men's track & field team earned first place finishes in the long jump, triple jump, 600m run and 3000m run to record 154 points and place third overall at Saturday's Middlebury Team Challenge at the Virtue Field House.
Amherst returns to action next Saturday, Feb. 23 when they travel to MIT to compete in the 2019 New England Division III Indoor Championship beginning at 9 a.m.
- Braxton Schuldt '21 paced the Mammoths in the 5000m run, placing second overall with a 15:41.68 mark, while Spencer Davis '22 earned third behind a time of 15:41.86. Majd Rouhana '22 took sixth (16:04.46).
- With a time of 4:25.25, first-year Owen Daily secured second overall in the one mile run.
- In the 60m hurdles, Maxim Doiron '19 clocked a time of 8.62 seconds to clinch second place, while Troy Colleran '22 posted a 9.20 seconds mark (fifth).
- Amherst had strong performances in the 400m dash, led by Stanley Dunwell's '20 fourth place time of 51.78 seconds. Next on the Mammoths was Kyland Smith '22 (52.23 – fifth), followed by Ben Wadsworth '22 (53.03 – sixth) and Kai Ahmadu '22 (53.24 – seventh).
- With a 1:26.55 mark, Jack Dufton '20 edged out the competition to place first in the 600m run.
- The 60m dash finals saw Stadtler Thompson '19 finish third with a 7.26 seconds mark, while Trevor Hall '22 placed third with a time of 7.32 seconds.
- Thompson also impressed in the 200m dash, crossing the finish line in 23.13 seconds to earn third.
- Cosmo Brossy '19 clinched gold in the 3000m run with a time of 8:28.35, while Chris Stone '20 placed fourth with a 9:08.95 mark.
- The Mammoths took three of the top-six spots in the 35lb weight throw, with Sam Amaka '19 leading the pack with a second place finish behind a 15.16m mark. Elorm Yevudza '19 tossed a 14.10m mark for fourth, while Cornell Brooks '19 finished sixth overall (13.64m).
- Amaka also impressed in the shot put, claiming third overall with a throw of 12.86m.
- Claiming gold in the long jump, Theo Bates '20 recorded a distance of 6.47m. Yaseen Zarroug '22 placed fourth in the event (6.10m), while Jordan Edwards '20 finished fifth (5.94m).
- Edwards added Amherst's second victory in the field events in the triple jump, posting a distance of 12.87 to place first overall.
- In the pole vault, Colleran finished sixth (3.50m).