BOSTON, Mass. – The Amherst College men's track and field team split their ranks and sent runners to the non-team scoring Gordon Kelly Invitational at MIT and the David Hemery Valentine Invitational at Boston University on Saturday.
Amherst returns to action next Saturday, Feb. 16 when they compete at the Middlebury Team Challenge beginning at 11 a.m.
David Hemery Valentine Invitational
- Jacob Silverman '19 (1:55.98) lead the Mammoths in the 800m run, closely followed by Ralph Skinner '20 (1:56.61), Kristian Sogaard '19 (1:57.17), Ermias Kebede '19 (1:58.67), Jack Malague '19 (2:00.44), Bobby Innes-Gold '22 (2:01.60) and Lev Robertson '22 (2:01.69).
- Taking to the track in the 192-competitor 400m dash, Ryan Prenosil '21 crossed the finish line in 49.40 seconds to place 43rd overall and become the first Amherst runner to run a sub-50 second time this season in the event.
- The 200m dash saw Henry Buren '22 post a time of 22.32 seconds to claim 54th – a new school record. Stadtler Thompson '19 was next on the Mammoths with a personal best time of 22.92 seconds, followed by Mayowa Tinubu '20 (23.31) and Arinzeolisa Uddoh '22 (23.34).
- Three of Amherst's four harriers in the 278-runner 1 mile run notched new personal best, including Billy Massey '21 (4:14.87 – 81st), Clark Ricciardelli '20 (4:17.23 – 108th) and Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 (4:18.82 – 118th). First-Year Matt Bradley crossed the finish line in 4:37.98.
Gordon Kelly Invitational
- With a time of 7.32 seconds, Trevor Hall '22 placed ninth overall in the 60m dash, before putting up a 23.94 seconds mark in the 200m dash to earn third place.
- Amherst placed three runners inside the top-six in the 400m dash, with Ben Wadsworth '22 leading the way with a third place finish (53.35). Next was Kyland Smith '21 with a time of 53.68 seconds (fourth place), followed by Kai Ahmadu '22 (53.87 – sixth).
- Alex Mangiafico '20 clocked a 1:29.40 mark in the 600m run to earn seventh, while Chris Rivera '22 placed ninth in the 800m run with a 2:12.24 mark.
- Posting a time of 9.23 seconds in the 60m hurdles, Troy Colleran '22 clinched seventh overall.
- The 4x400m relay team of Smith, Ahmadu, Teddy Lane '20 and Wadsworth combined to log a 3:35.17 mark and take second place.
- Colleran took third place in the long jump with a distance of 6.39m, while Yaseen Zarroug '22 placed 10th overall (6.11m) before notching a first place finish in the triple jump (13.03m).
- Sam Amaka '19 led the Mammoths in both the shot put with a throw of 12.00m to place 15th, while Elorm Yevudza '19 claimed 19th overall with a 11.50m mark.
- With a toss of 15.66m (third), Amaka led Amherst in the weight throw, followed by Yevudza (13.34m – 17th) and Cornell Brooks '19 (12.37m – 21st).