MEDFORD, Mass. – There was no team score at this weekend's Cupid Challenge hosted by Tufts University at the Gantcher Center, however several individuals turned in impressive performances for the Amherst College men's indoor track & field team.
- Amherst took the top-two spots in the 5000m run, with Clark Ricciardelli '20 securing gold with a 14:28.52 mark and Cosmo Brossy '19 earning silver with a time of 14:42.03. Braxton Schuldt '21 was next on the Mammoths, posting a 10th place finish (15:10.22).
- In the 60m hurdles, Maxim Doiron '19 crossed the finish line in 8.99 seconds to earn fourth.
- Finishing back-to-back in the 400m dash, Ryan Prenosil '21 finished fourth (50.86 seconds), while Stanley Dunwell '20 placed fifth (52.17). Kyland Smith '21 also had a sold performance for Amherst, clocking a 52.32 seconds mark to place seventh overall.
- Ralph Skinner '20 posted a time of 1:23.42 to clinch second in the 600m run, while Andrew Swenson '21 finished fifth with a 1:25.29 mark.
- Recording a 7.24 seconds mark in the 60m dash, Arinzeolisa Uddoh '22 placed fourth overall.
- Jacob Silverman '19 logged Amherst's best time in the 800m run, posting a time of 1:58.10 to take 12th.
- Jack Malague '19 time of 2:40.62 was good for 12th in the 1000m run.
- With an 8:50.47 mark, Owen Daily '22 led the Mammoths in the 3000m run and placed ninth overall.
- Crossing the finish line in 4:18.96, Billy Massey '21 placed fourth in the 1 mile run.
- Notching a distance of 6.38 meters, Theo Bates '20 placed second overall in the 23-competitor long jump.
- In the triple jump, Jordan Edwards '20 claimed gold, recording a distance of 12.83 meters.
- Elorm Yevudza '19 led the Mammoths in the weight throw, logging a sixth place finish with a 14.53m mark. Sam Amaka '19 took 12th in the event (13.45m), while Cornell Brooks '19 placed 15th (13.28m).
- Amaka secured a distance of 11.75m in the shot put to earn 14th.
Amherst returns to action next weekend, Friday-Saturday, Feb. 8-9 when they split the squad and compete at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational hosted by BU and the Gordon Kelly Invitational hosted by MIT.