NORTHAMPTON, Mass. – The Amherst College men's track & field team had a strong showing at the Smith College Invitational, including a first place finish in the 3000m run, to rack up 60 points and finish seventh overall.
The Mammoths return to action next weekend, Jan. 25-26 at the two-day Branwen Smith-King Invitational hosted by Tufts University.
- LOCATION: Smith Indoor Track, Smith College
- TOP-THREE: Trinity (111), Worcester State (77.50), Eastern Conn. State (74)
- Completing the 60m hurdle prelims in 9.25 seconds, Troy Colleran '22 qualified for the finals before notching a 9.26 mark to place seventh overall.
- Henry Buren '22 crossed the finish line in 7.22 seconds in the 37-competitor 60m dash preliminaries to advance to the finals. In the finals, Buren posted a time of 7.15 seconds to claim sixth place.
- Dominating the 400m dash, the Mammoths placed three runners inside the top-five, with Ben Wadsworth '22 leading the way with a second place finish (52.46). Theo Bates '20 was next on Amherst with a time of 52.61 seconds to take fourth, while Kyland Smith '21 finished shortly behind with a 52.65 mark to earn fifth.
- Jack Dufton '20 captured 10th in the 800m run with a time of 2:05.89, while Buren paced Amherst in the 200m dash with a third place finish (23.19 seconds).
- The top-harrier in the 3000m run, Owen Daily '22 bested the second place finisher by 10 seconds to record a time of 8:51.99 and take gold.
- With a 3:33.84 mark, the Amherst 4x400 meter relay squad secured second overall.
- In the pole vault, Colleran posted a height of 3.35m to earn sixth place.
- Sam Amaka '19 took third overall in the weight throw with a distance of 16.01m before leading the Mammoths in the shot put with a throw of 13.06m (sixth place).