HARTFORD, Conn. – Kristian Sogaard '19 repeated as the 800 meter run's NESCAC individual champion and the Mammoths 4x800 relay team added a second gold medal with a time of 7:46.76 to lift the Amherst College men's track & field team to a sixth place finish at the 2018 NESCAC Track & Field Championships hosted by Trinity College at Jessee/Miller Field.
The Mammoths return to action next weekend, May 3-5 when they compete in the three-day DIII New England Championships on the campus of Williams College.
- Opening the meet with a second place finish, Clark Ricciardelli '20 took silver in the 10,000 meter run with a time of 30:37.37, while Tucker Meijer '19 notched 10th overall (31:52.41).
- Maxin Doiron '19 paced the Mammoths in the 110 meter hurdles with a time of 15.66 seconds (10th), while Elijah Ngbokoli '20 claimed 10th overall in the 100 meter dash with an 11.19 second mark.
- The lone Amherst harrier in the 3000 meter steeple chase, Braxton Schuldt '21 posted a time of 10:29.38 to place 19th overall.
- With a time of 43.56 seconds, the combo of Ngbokoli, Mayowa Tinubu '20, Stadtler Thompson '20 and Biafra Okoronkwo '20 secured sixth in the 4x400 relay.
- Billy Massey '21 ran to a time of 3:57.03 in the 1500 meter run to log a seventh place finish and add two points to the board, while Jack Malague '20 placed 17th overall (4:02.47).
- The second top-three finish of the day, Vernon Espinoza '19 earned third in the 400 meter dash behind a time of 48.67 seconds, while Harrison Haigood '19 placed eighth (49.86 seconds).
- Taking the NESCAC individual crown in the 800 meter run for the second straight season, Kristian Sogaard '19 crossed the finish line in 1:50.95 to clinch the top spot.
- With a time if 58.03 seconds, Jay Drain Jr. '18 placed 14th in the 400 meter hurdles.
- Cosmo Brossy '19 continued his dominance in the 5000 meter run with a second place finish, notching a time of 15:03.85 to finishing three tenths of a second behind the first place. Jack Wesley '18 earned eighth in the even with a time of 15:18.58.
- The 4x800 meter relay team of Ermias Kebede '19, Jacob Silverman '19, Ralph Skinner '20 and Sogaard posted the Mammoths second first place finish of the day, teaming up to log a 7:46.76 mark.
- Sam Amaka '19 took 15th in the shot put with a distance of 12.39 meters, 10th in the hammer throw (42.96 meters) and 14th in the discus (37.39 meters).
- With a distance of 6.14 meters, Jordan Edwards '20 placed 15th in the long jump before securing second overall in the triple jump with a distance of 14.02 meters.
- Elorm Yevudza '19 led the Mammoths in the hammer throw, notching a toss of 43.00 meters to place ninth.