NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Amherst College men's track & field team closed out competition with 51 points to take seventh overall at the 19-team Silfen Invitational hosted by Connecticut College.
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, April 21 when they travel to Tufts University for the Sunshine Classic beginning at 10 a.m.
- Kristian Sogaard '19 paced the Mammoths in the 800 meter run, crossing the finish line in 1:53.91 to take seventh overall, while Ralph Skinner '20 earned 10th with a 1:56.26 mark.
- Impressing in the 5,000 meter run, Clark Ricciardelli '20 clocked a time of 14:50.80 to finish second. Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 notched ninth in the event behind a 14:59.99 mark.
- Placing fourth overall, Justin Barry '18 raced to a time of 32:41.27 in the 10,000 meter run.
- With a time of 15.61 seconds in the 110 meter hurdles, junior Maxim Doiron earned fifth overall.
- Vernon Espinoza '19 led Amherst in the 400 meter run, posting a second place finish with a 49.44 second mark, while Skinner took seventh (50.57 seconds).
- Notching a 13th place finish, Elijah Ngbokoli '20 logged a time of 11.34 seconds in the 100 meter dash.